School Library Assistant Resume Objective
The job of a School Library Assistant revolves around assisting students with the various services offered by the establishment. Specific duties can include checking out and receiving books, assisting with equipment such as computers and copiers, helping students in locating specific material, and filing returned books. Education requirements are usually on the basic side, with experience in clerical or administrative environments often sufficient for new workers in the field. Your objective statement should be well composed to highlight your relevant work experience and skills for hiring managers.
What The School Library Assistant Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In addition to discussing your previous work performed in libraries or similar environments, consider detailing any relevant education, either acquired or ongoing. There are many generalized attributes that hiring managers often seek out from applicants which might include detail-oriented focus, helpful demeanor, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and good communication skills. It can also be helpful to talk about your ability to meet physical demands, as School Library Assistants often spend the majority of their day on-foot.
Sample School Library Assistant Resume Objectives
You’ll want to make it a point to emphasize your most notable achievements or professional experiences, but don’t forget to display commitment to the hiring manager’s organization. Referencing the company by name can show a genuine sense of interest in securing the job.
1. Clerical professional seeks School Library Assistant position at ABC School to utilize three years of experience performing detailed administrative duties in a fast-paced office environment.
2. Seeking position as School Library Assistant with ABC School that will benefit from good communication and time management skills plus a comprehensive knowledge of essential literature.
3. Experienced School Library Assistant seeking employment with ABC School to apply developed multitasking skills, attention to detail, and two years serving in library settings.
4. Library Assistant seeks position at ABC School to further career in a challenging role that will benefit from attention to detail, helpful demeanor, and a love of reading.
5. Hard-working individual seeks School Library Assistant position at ABC School to employ focus on details, friendly attitude, and good time management ability.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Librarian Cover Letter and Resume Examples
Are you applying for a librarian position? Review examples of a cover letter and resume for a librarian job, with tips for writing job application documents that will help you get the interview.
When you write your cover letter, it should include your most relevant experience and education. Take the time to match your qualifications to the job, so your credentials are as close a match as possible to what the employer is seeking in an ideal candidate.
Your resume should include your previous work experience, education, skills, and any certifications you may have received. In both the "profile" and "skills" sections of your resume, highlight your computer and research skills, as they are both extremely valuable skills to have in this position.
See below for a sample librarian cover letter and an example of a resume that includes a profile section. Use these samples as a guide to help you get started.
Librarian Cover Letter Example
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name,
I read with great interest your posting for a chief librarian at ABC Academy as listed on privateschooljobs.com. I know that my years of experience as an academic librarian and my success developing forward-thinking library projects make me an ideal candidate for this position.
I have over ten years of experience working as an academic librarian.
In my years of experience, I have developed various techniques for best explaining and instilling research skills in students. I have even developed and taught a well-received research course for first-year college students, which would translate well into an upper-level high-school course.
You state in your listing that you want a chief librarian who can adapt the library to today’s technology-driven culture.
I am very comfortable with implementing e-technology in a library setting. I even helped develop a streamlined library website at 123 Community College, which allowed students to more easily access the college’s online resources. I would love the opportunity to develop similar tools for ABC Academy’s library.
I am confident that my extensive experience makes me a strong candidate for chief librarian at ABC Academy. I have enclosed my resume and other required materials for your review. I look forward to speaking with you further about what I may offer your school. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Librarian Resume Example
123 Oakwood Ave
Oak Park, IL, 60302
Librarian with nearly ten years of secondary and university experience. Specialized in developing research tools and courses to strengthen students’ research abilities. Skilled in translating library services and policies into tangible, comprehensible resources for students. Award-winning abilities in display development and implementation.
Reference Librarian, 123 Community College, Oak Park, IL
July 20XX – present
- Initiated and co-developed new online catalog to promote efficient student and faculty research
- Develop instructional materials on research methods in various formats (web, multimedia, print)
- Write and publish library blog and maintain social media pages
- Develop and teach research course for students across majors; received college award for the best new course of 20XX.
Assistant Librarian, Oak Park High School, Oak Park, IL
August 20XX – June 20XX
- Developed and co-taught course on research methods for freshmen
- Consulted with colleagues and teachers to develop and construct monthly displays on various academic topics, such as playwrights, African American history, and the Revolutionary War
- Spearheaded project streamlining former magazine subscriptions and selecting new subscriptions that best fit the current needs of the teachers and students, saving the library $1,0000 annually.
- Catalogued hundreds of new acquisitions, maintaining accurate data on materials
Library Graduate Intern, XYZ University Theology Library, Chicago, IL
Sept. 20XX – July 20XX
- Developed skills in reference, periodical, and special collections through supervised rotations
- Oversaw daily patron services and assisted patrons with research questions
- Created four displays that emphasized the diversity of the library’s collections, receiving an award for excellence in research for one display.
Master of Library Science, XYZ University, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Arts, ABC College, Chicago, IL
- Computer Applications: Mac, PC, Word, Excel, GoogleDocs, RefWorks, SPSS
- Web Publishing: HTML, Dreamweaver, WordPress, Wikis
- Instructional Tools: Blackboard, Turnitin, D2L
How to Email Your Resume and Cover Letter
If you're sending your resume and cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message:
Subject: Librarian Position - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information. Start your email message with the salutation.