Are you a student looking for an essay topic to write on, related to either business ethics or Corporate Social Responsibility? Are you an instructor looking for a topic to assign your class? Check out this list, each of which is accompanied by a link to a news item that will help.
1. Can one business make a difference to a global problem? (See, for example: Fast Food and Animal Rights)
2. If there’s no contract, does a promise matter? (See, for example: Unethical Recruitment Practices of College Football Teams)
3. Is raising the minimum wage a good idea? (See, for example: Stories about minimum wage ethics)
4. Is it ethically OK to violate private property in order to reduce suffering? (See, for example: Law Forbids Secret Videos of Factory Farms)
5. Is equal pay for equal work always necessary, ethically? (See, for example: stories about equal pay and ethics)
6. Are companies ethically to blame when customers misuse their products? (See, for example: Are Companies Responsible for Misuse of Products? )
7. Is it OK to sell a product when you can’t prove that it works? (See, for example: Ethics of Commerce in Alternative Medicine)
8. Are there some things that simply should not be bought or sold? (See, for example: Does Paying for a Baby Symbolize Disrespect, or Embody it?)
9. Is child labour always wrong? (See, for example: Nestlé Sued Over Child Labour and child labour in Bolivia)
10. Whistleblowers: heroes or disloyal employees? (See, for example: Whistleblowers: Alone vs the System)
11. Is Uber a good or bad thing, overall? (See, for example: stories about Uber and ethics.)
12. Is misleading advertising unethical? (See, for example: Misleading Headlines About Misleading Advertising: “Dog” Fur Pom Poms on Hats)
13. Do ethics classes make people more ethical? (See, for example: Does Teaching Ethics Improve Ethics?)
14. Is capitalism a force for good or evil? (See, for example: Don’t blame capitalism.)
15. Why is trust important in modern economies? (See, for example: the Value of Trust.)
Student’s Guide to Writing Critical Essays in Business Ethics
How Instructors Can Use Business Ethics Highlights in Class
How Students Can Use Business Ethics Highlights
The Concise Encyclopedia of Business Ethics
20 Up-To-Date Dissertation Topics On Corporate Governance
If you are struggling with your dissertation on corporate governance, you must have chosen a wrong topic. Consider replacing your present topic with something interesting and fresh, and the task will be much easier.
What Is Corporate Governance?
Corporate governance is a broad topic which covers all possible types of business relations and ways to run the company. A wide range of the narrower concepts can be investigated in your dissertation on corporate governance, like the issue of leadership, manager and employee relations, business ethics, corporate strategies, company profitability, and performance, etc.
What Are the Current Dissertation Topics?
- The causes of the global recession in your country and the role of corporate governance in the process.
- Corporate governance in need of reforms. What areas of the system should be reformed first and how?
- Dependence of the company profitability on corporate governance. How are the company profits related to the practices of corporate governance?
- The efficiency of corporate governance in state-owned enterprises. Analyze and compare statistical data in a range of state-owned enterprises.
- The impact of the existing corporate governance mechanisms on the internal relations between managers and subordinates within the company.
- Improving the corporate performance of a specific company: ideas to consider.
- Reasons for poor corporate governance in financial institutions. Why do existing mechanisms fail and how can the situation be saved?
- Audit practices in corporate governance in the US and Europe. Analyze common and different features.
- Corporate social responsibility policy and factors affecting its implementation.
- Dependence of popular management styles on the existing corporate governance practices.
- Current models of ownership structure and their role in improving the company corporate performance.
- Successful implementation of corporate governance mechanisms in banks. What are the causes of the phenomenon? How can the situation develop in the future?
- Corporate governance regulations in the US and Europe. How do the rules differ? Which regulations are more effective?
- The causes of the international credit crisis and the role of corporate governance in the process.
- Corporate strategies in public firms: do they help boost profitability?
- The role of the balanced scorecard in the current corporate strategies of legal companies.
- Preventing economic crisis: how can corporate governance be helpful?
- Business ethics in corporate governance. How are the issues related?
- Corporate governance in the family-based firms. How are business relations affected by private ties?
- Board of directors as a successful mechanism of corporate governance. What are the roles of executive and non-executive directors in the process?