This program designed by CTH (Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality) specifically for those who are working in the Industry and to those who have passed their graduation with main subjects as Travel & Tourism. This is an Executive training program devised for enhancing the managerial skills of those who come from the Travel industry background. This qualification awarded by CTH is recognized globally for higher management positions in the industry. This also enables students to opt for lateral entry in MBA program offered by select universities of UK.
Introduction to hospitality and tourism industry
Computerized reservation system
Business communication and personality development
Hospitality and tourism marketing strategies
Management and leadership across cultures
Hospitality and tourism strategic planning
Managing hospitality and tourism projects
Research methods for hospitality and tourism managers
i) Age – Minimum 24 years.
ii) Bachelor degree in Tourism & Hospitality.
iii) Bachelor degree holders from any other stream with 5 years experience in Tourism Industry.
CTH graduates may convert their CTH Level 6 Professional Diploma or Level 7 Executive Diploma qualification to a Master’s Degree at BPP University. Students can complete the qualification at BPP University's learning centres in Manchester or London as a full-time programme, or online via BPP’s online study portal.
The arrangement covers the following qualifications:
CTH Level 7 Execuive Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
CTH Level 7 Executive Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management graduates can enter at BPP’s MSc in Management with Tourism with 90 Credits Accredited Prior Learning, meaning students are only require to complete the following modules via BPP’s online study platform to gain the Master’s degree qualification:
- Competitive Intelligence – 15 Credits
- International Marketing Management - 15 Credits
- Consultancy Project or Work Placement - 30 Credits
- Managing Tourism & Hospitality Projects - 15 Credits
- Strategic Planning for Tourism & Hospitality - 15 Credits
Throughout the programme, students will also have the opportunity to complete various short courses in Cultural awareness, professional development and communication and negotiation skills and achieve accredited awards.
CTH Level 6 Professional Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management
CTH Level 6 Professional Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management graduates are eligible for direct entry to MSc Management with Tourism & Hospitality award. The modules in the full MSc qualification are categorised in to three sections as follows:
Postgraduate Certificate Level
- Competitive Intelligence - 15 Credits
- Leadership & Change Management – 15 Credits
- Markets & Marketing – 15 Credits
- Knowledge Management & Information System Strategy – 15 Credits
Postgraduate Diploma Level
- Accounting & decision making – 15 Credits
- Enterprise Risk Management – 15 Credits
- Operations Management & Services Excellence – 15 Credits
- International Marketing Management – 15 Credits
- Consultancy Project or Work Placement – 30 Credits
- Managing Tourism & Hospitality Projects – 15 Credits
- Strategic Planning for Tourism & Hospitality – 15 Credits
Once again, throughout the programme, students will have the opportunity to complete various short courses in Cultural awareness, professional development and communication and negotiation skills and achieve accredited awards.
For further details:
If you would like to find out further details, please visit BPP University College's website
You can apply online here