Eleven Exciting Term Paper Ideas In Business Ethics
The main area of study in business ethics is the code of conduct that guides employees and operations of any organization on daily basis. A term paper on business ethics will majorly revolve around how decisions made affect the common folk interacting with the organization.
The tussle on the ethical or non-ethical behavior by a company may touch on employees or customers enjoying the product. Most of the decisions under the business ethics spotlight are aimed at maximizing profit for the organization.
Unique Ethical Concerns Based On Each Industry
Each business environment has its ethical concerns. This means that the issues in finance are not similar to those in insurance, tours and travel, mining or sports. Each business model exposes participants to unique ethical concerns. The list of term paper ideas in business ethics given below is cross cutting. It contains concerns from different sectors and is therefore representative of different business models.
- Should companies pay their female employees to freeze their eggs?
- Should publishers sell documentaries, manifestos and biographies written by killers?
- Fast food companies should pay more taxes to go into obesity research.
- Is the business of producing firearms ethical in the light of the many civilian deaths?
- Are the low prices during buyout in a slowing economy justified?
- The ethics of public private partnerships
- Are different standards based on localized market or state requirements ethical?
- Is corporate social responsibility a way to cover exorbitant charges?
- Are huge profits during recessions justified?
- Should companies reporting huge profits go ahead to lay-off workers?
- Should workers with families be allowed more sick and leave days than single workers?
The best idea for a term paper on business ethics should reflect the following considerations:-
- Fresh - Do not study areas or ideas that have been studies over and over. A fresh approach is required if you wish to revisit an area that has been studied multiple times.
- Creative - though you will be dealing with facts, a bit of creativity is necessary. The idea is to present your points in an interesting and captivating way. This makes your work more compelling and will easily earn you more marks.
- Precise - select and reduced or manageable area of study. This will enable you to exhaustively express your opinion and give your facts within the confines of the number of pages required for your term paper in business ethics.
Write for us
Want to join our writing team and help English speaking students all over the world get better grades and improve their GPA? Feel free to get in touch with us.
Top educational resources
These websites will help you improve your writing skills.
Have found an amazing academic portal that can help students write or edit their papers? Perhaps a great online library or plagiarism-checker? Let us know.
25 Up-To-Date Business Ethics Essay Topics To Choose From
The concept of ethics can be complicated and may hold different meanings for different people, depending on varying factors surrounding their lives. Generally, it deals with the systematic classification of actions to be considered right or wrong based on the effects they have on affected parties. These definitions can never be absolute and for this reason, the question of ethics is always under discussion.
When selecting topics on which to compose an essay, one must always make sure to select a topic that they will enjoy working on. This can make the experience an enjoyable one, helping you to better create a well written paper. Your access to information on the topic also plays an important role and you should verify this as well, before making your final decision. The following is a list of 25 up-to-date business ethics essay topics for you to choose from:
- The effects profit seeking can have on the quality of products.
- Which is more important, the needs of consumers, or the profits of companies?
- Why small businesses are doomed to fail.
- The cost of cutting quality for productivity.
- Abuse of laborers in the construction sector.
- Why outsourcing of labor should be disallowed and companies made to pay higher wages to citizens of their origin countries.
- The ramifications of hiring by race.
- The effect gender discrimination has on performance.
- Why companies often have no choice but to pollute the environment.
- The effect good advertisements have on a persons self esteem.
- How we benefit from cigarettes as a society.
- Alcohol is only legal because it makes the right people, a lot of money.
- Online ads are invasive and an abuse of a person’s time, internet connection and computer resources.
- Most human resource departments serve to enforce the policies of tyrannical mangers.
- Is it fair to demand a smile from employees who are not happy with their wages?
- Globalization has many negative effects on smaller economies.
- Artificial beverages are more dangerous than companies let on.
- Hidden charges are how most service providers make their moneys.
- Social media is now responsible for the development of young children.
- Companies should be allowed to select employees based on gender and expected performance.
- Books written by killers should be made public.
- Artificial depressions should be identified and dealt with more severely.
- Are lay offs necessary or do companies profit off of this.
- Should a person’s family status determine their pay?
- Is it right for companies to test for drugs before hiring employees?